Bear Creek Outfitters Bear Viewing Trips
(July 15 though September 10)
Brown Bear & Wilderness Viewing Adventure via Floatplane
Step into the wilds of Southeast Alaska for an astonishing brown bear and wildlife viewing adventure. Your exploration begins with a floatplane flight transporting you on a breathtaking scenic flight from the base in Juneau, providing unique access to brown bear territory. Escorted by an expert local guide, you’ll step off the plane and into an unforgettable adventure.
Your guide will share his/her knowledge of brown bears, and the wildlife and fascinating natural history of the area. Photographers and nature enthusiasts will marvel at this opportunity to discover the unexpected-a once-in-a-lifetime experience that allows a rare look into the world of one of the grand and majestic animals of the great Alaskan wilderness. Minimum age is 8 years due to tour duration and the patience required for viewing wildlife. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.
Enjoy a half day day of bear and wildlife viewing near Juneau. We’ll pick you up and transfer you to our shop where you’ll meet your guide, and be outfitted in waders and rain gear. After a safety briefing, you’ll embark on a scenic flight by floatplane.
Cost: TBD for 2022 Trips
The tour includes:
- Transportation to and from downtown to the floatplane base
- Waders & rain gear
- All weather tote bag
- 40 minutes total scenic floatplane flight time
- 4 hours at remote location
- Post adventure snack
- The expertise of our certified guides
Please bring the following on your trip:
- With our ever changing weather patterns layered clothing is always encouraged
- Camera with strong lens and fully charged or extra batteries
- A sense of adventure and love of the wilderness and its amazing creatures.
- Participants must be able to walk several hundred yards over uneven ground. We visit remote locations and advanced medical support will not be available. We recommend bringing along any necessary or simply precautionary medications.
- Guests are urged to be ready for an outdoor wilderness experience.
Experiencing Alaska with Bear Creek Outfitters, the largest guide service in Southeast Alaska.
Bear and Wildlife Viewing
Your bear viewing trip will give you the chance to view and photograph a variety of wildlife in their natural settings. Eagles, other birds and harbor seals are commonly sighted on our trips. Brown and black bears are seen frequently, and we occasionally see, Sitka black-tailed deer, and otters as well.
All of the locations we go bear viewing are located in true wilderness. We often see eagles, bears, deer and whales while we are exploring their backyard. Many guests enjoy the setting as much as the bear viewing itself!
Special use permit with the Tongass National Forest.