Bear Creek Outfitters Bear Viewing Trips
(July 15 though September 10)
Brown Bear & Wilderness Viewing Adventure via Floatplane
Step into the wilds of Southeast Alaska for an astonishing brown bear and wildlife viewing adventure. Your exploration begins with a floatplane flight transporting you on a breathtaking scenic flight from the base in Juneau, providing unique access to brown bear territory. Escorted by an expert local guide, you’ll step off the plane and into an unforgettable adventure.
Your guide will share his/her knowledge of brown bears, and the wildlife and fascinating natural history of the area. Photographers and nature enthusiasts will marvel at this opportunity to discover the unexpected-a once-in-a-lifetime experience that allows a rare look into the world of one of the grand and majestic animals of the great Alaskan wilderness. Minimum age is 8 years due to tour duration and the patience required for viewing wildlife. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.
Enjoy a half day of bear and wildlife viewing near Juneau. We’ll pick you up and transfer you to our shop where you’ll meet your guide, and be outfitted in waders and rain gear. After a safety briefing, you’ll embark on a scenic flight by floatplane.
Cost: $979 per person.
The tour includes:
- Transportation to and from downtown to the floatplane base
- Rubber boots & rain gear
- 50 minutes total scenic floatplane flight time
- Waterfall Creek permit
- 3 – 3.5 hours at remote Waterfall Creek location
- Post adventure snack
- The expertise of our certified guides
- Private Tours Arranged on Request
Please bring the following on your trip:
- With our ever-changing weather patterns layered clothing is always encouraged
- Camera with strong lens and fully charged or extra batteries
A sense of adventure and love of the wilderness and its amazing creatures.
- Participants must be able to walk ¼ mile over uneven ground. We visit remote locations and advanced medical support will not be available. We recommend bringing along any necessary or simply precautionary medications.
- Guests are urged to be ready for an outdoor wilderness experience.
Experiencing Alaska with Bear Creek Outfitters, the largest guide service in Southeast Alaska.
- In order to secure your booking and trip date(s), we require full payment for your trip.
- We will always work with you to attempt to reschedule should you need to make changes to your itinerary.
- If you need to cancel your trip for any reason, the following is our cancellation refund policy:
- Cancellations made 60 days or more prior to your trip date: 100% refund of your trip cost, less a $75/person, non-refundable permit fee.
- Cancellations made 30-59 days prior to your trip date: 50% refund of your trip cost.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to your trip date, including “no-shows” on the day of your trip, are non-refundable.
- If Bear Creek Outfitters cancels your trip for any reason, including as noted in our passenger weight surcharge policy, you will receive a 100% refund of your trip cost, less a $75/person, non-refundable permit fee.
Passenger Weight Surcharge Policy
We operate our trips using small aircraft that have restrictions on weight and balance for safety. Therefore, any passenger weighing more than 250lbs (113kg) will be charged an additional $300 to help ensure adequate aircraft space. Actual passenger weights are verified for each guest prior to departure. If you or a member(s) of your party exceed 250lbs, please let us know at the time of booking, or as far in advance of your trip date as possible. In the uncommon scenario that a guest does not provide prior notice of exceeding 250lbs, and additional aircraft space is not available, we reserve the right to cancel your trip.
Bear and Wildlife Viewing
Your bear viewing trip will give you the chance to view and photograph a variety of wildlife in their natural settings. Eagles, other birds and harbor seals are commonly sighted on our trips. Brown Bears (also calledGrizzly are seen frequently, and we occasionally see, Sitka black-tailed deer, and otters as well.
All of the locations we go bear viewing are located in true wilderness. We often see eagles, bears, deer and whales while we are exploring their backyard. Many guests enjoy the setting as much as the bear viewing itself!
Please note: Space is extremely limited. Full payment is required at the time of booking. Waterfall Creek bookings include a $75 non-refundable Alaska State Parks fee. Permit fee is non refundable for any reason, including cancelation due to weather. Permit fees allow the Alaska Department of Fish and Game to preserve this unique wilderness setting, and ensure a base level of funding through the short summer season.
Cost: $979 per person
Please Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
(5 1/2 hours door to door. We require a minimum of 3 people to run a waterfall creek trip)
BCO is proud to offer this exclusive once in a lifetime adventure!
Special use permit with the Tongass National Forest.